The year of Clive Cussler. (Books read 2010).

So I promised lists and January is speeding along, so here is a list: books read 2010! I do like a list.



The Girl with the Dragon Tatoo
My list of 39 things included 'join a bookclub', well I formed one and this is the book we started with.


To Kill A mockingbird
A re-read of one of my favourites, still can't get my mum to read it, mind you also watched the movie for the first time this year

Murder in the Dark
Now this one is part of a series by Kerry Greenwood (book 16 to be precise) the character Phryne Fisher really does have style!

Eat, Pray, Love
Part of a lovely parcel from my wonderful friend Emma, thought the book was rather good

The Spare Room
A quick read for a trip away, but thought provoking and well written (I thought)

Spartan Gold
The magic that is Clive Cussler

Cold Blood
Picked up from a library sale in Coromandel Town when I had exhausted my holiday reading (didn't think Clive Cussler was going to be that good)

The Quiet American
Picked up from a second hand bookshop in Kerikeri, the shop owner told me I had the finest Graham Greene, will have to take his word for it, as this is my first and only (at this point).

The Life of Pi
On all the lists and a conversation at work made me think 'gotta read this' so I did. 

The Girl who played with Fire
On a side note, our bookclub went on a field trip to watch the movie of the first book 0 I do rather like my bookclub

Dear Fatty
Love her, so had to read it (plus it was in the 3 for 2 offer)

Bon Appetit
Can't believe I had not picked up on these books sooner. Read 'Year in Provance' back in 2009 and now love it when I tumble upon them, usually in a book fair as this one was!

The Gurnsey Literary & Potato Peel Pie Society
A bookclub read suggested my my mother (I didn't finish the one suggested by the bookmarked she sent) we all enjoyed it and it provoked a fair bit of discussion

A Thousand Splendid Suns
Another one on all the lists, and I think mentioned at a bookclub. Read while on holiday in the South Island in a lot of rain!

Cyclops
The magic that is Clive Cussler

Rachels Holiday
Picked up from a bookclub meeting at Heathers - why not I thought!

The Boy in the Stripped Pyamas
A borrow from Pauline in the bookclub oh oh my! Not going to watch the movie!

The End of the Alphabet
An odd little book in the sale!

The Childrens Book
A bookclub book, we had a lot to say about this one!

The Olive Route
Thought I'd love it - but it was hard work and an effort to read!

The Girl who kicked the Hornets Nest
They are all right - the last one is the best

Flood Tide
The magic that is Clive Cussler 

Cod
A bookclub read, that was very interesting (apart from the recipes that I skipped)

Cordory Mansions
At last out in paperback - hurrah - fantastic

Raise the Titanic
The magic that is Clive Cussler - actually read for the booclub. We all read a different book, part of a challenge to try Clive Cussler!

Valhalla Rising
The magic that is Clive Cussler

Down Under
A library re-read while on my way to Oz

Cat Among the Pigeons
Following the success of all reading a different Clive Cussler, the bookclub move to Agatha and we all read a different book and feedback!!

Sophies World
A re-read to focus the non Clive Cussler part of my brain

Shock Wave
Clive Cussler taking over again

Death at the Priory
A bookclub read suggested by Vanessa, in the mood for murder after Agatha. A true story this one and aren't we all glad we're not Victorian women.

Labyrinth
A huge book that has always looked intriging, it was a rather quick read and I kind of liked it.

Lost Empire
That'll be Clive Cussler

The Diving Bell and the Butterfly
A borrow from bookclub member Heather, quite amazing, and makes me very grateful for life






No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails