South island sandwich

 The start of Autumn? A beer garden on a sunny afternoonHappy Place
  Doubtful Sound
Doubtful Sound Doubtful SoundDoubtful Sound
South Island, March 2012, a set on Flickr.
A little while ago we had a south island sandwich with the Otago Rail Trail as the filling. Some time around Queenstown, Arrowtown, TeAnau and Wanaka was the top slice of bread where Adam finally got to see the joy that is Doubtful Sound. The second slice of bread was Dunedin and the Otago Pennisular, with the move from filling to bread being the rather stunning Taieri Gorge Railway. These photos give testimony to the fact that I seem to let Adam take most of the photos and my selection is a rather poor representation of an amazingly wonderful, recharging and perfectly fantastic break. (I may have enjoyed this holiday). There were a lot of animals, which I really don't even try to capture on my old but beloved iPhone. So should I buy a camera? Will Adam ever get into the habit of sharing his rather good photos with anyone? Who knows but I'll keep you posted (is that a blogging pun I wonder).

No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails