Walk 8 - Maungatauhoro

It may be a repeat - this was walk number one - but heh, this is my game and I can decide what counts. But this was an exciting walk for two reasons. Mainly my ability to do any exercise in the course of a week appears to have shrunk from a little to none at all, so that fact that I was out walking, all 3km of it was a positive stepIt may have only been 3km but heh, it was hard work. I dragged my stodgy self up the hill and got very out of puff, but it did feel great. So it was great to do a familiar walk, that you know doesn't take too long but made me feel like I was making some effort at last. It brought air into my lungs and mud to my shoes, what's not to like.
Secondly and the most excitingness of all was that it gave me chance to play with my new camera and have a private photography class with Adam. So yes, I happened to write in my last post  maybe I should buy a camera to ensure I actually take photos rather than rely on the iPhone, which is fine for an awful lot of stuff but i don't think about it much and really just play with the apps.
We happened upon a camera shop on a Saturday afternoon and we leave with a spangly new flashy camera. So there I am actually trying to grasp what is aperture, thank you Pioneer Woman for this series, very very helpful. Combine that with a practical lesson with Adam and I was making some progress. It also meant I stopped a bit while dragging myself up that (little) hill to get my breath back. Please don't test me on what aperture actually is, but for a woman who has lived on auto mode for cameras her whole life, i was using and sort of understand the various settings and dear me at one point shot on manual mode as that's what i needed to do. Dear me, a new hobby maybe.











No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails