Walk 18 - Royal Oak

An interlude from the recent holiday walks, this is a local walk. From my door to my doctors. Google thought it would take me an hour, I managed it faster than that so while the news of the neck wasn't great as least I can still walk. A spring walk with signs of the new season along the way, that and the birds, they competed with the traffic, doing a fair accompaniment given the constant drone of the cars, vans, trucks....Viewing a well driven route at walking pace with the sun warming my face was refreshing and thought pondering. The faces of drivers that I held up as I used the crossings disturbed me, is it that bad to be waiting a few minutes, and remember I walk fast (ish). Then the litter became more and more obvious, then I started seeing it everywhere. I have a litter thing, it would be my super power. I would swoosh down on litter droppers and that would be the end of them, or maybe that's too violent for me. I could make them eat the litter, or really just take it home, recycle, or just put it in the bin. I became a little angry. Walking does gives you thinking time, raising more questions than answering and an added bonus from my walking speed meant a little time in the library before the appointed time with the doctor.

My neighbour I guess

Lots of crazy walls and gardens

Spring signs

Petals and litter

Well placed litter - seriously take it home

For my godson. I take a strange pleasure from road names!

No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails